Easter things - 4 Fun Easter activities for preschoolers

Happy Easter. Can you believe that it's our second 'covid' Easter? Last year my Easter efforts felt a bit thrown together, so I want to do a bit more this year. 


It's hit me how fast my child is growing up and how much of that growing up is happening in the midst of a stressful pandemic. It makes me feel sad thinking about all the things my child is missing. I'm also aiming to shed my serious self a bit and make my kid laugh more often. So this is what I'm doing in an attempt to make Easter more fun for my 4-year-old...

1.  Get crafty
We are making Easter bunny ears (inspired by @julia_arttack). We painted them yesterday and now I just want to add some collage elements of sorts. We also made sock bunnies with odd socks (you can see them here and find a tutorial here). 


2. Learn about Easter 
To make sure that my son knows that Easter is about more than Easter eggs, we've talked about the real Easter story and watched The Story of Easter (Jesus' Sacrifice) from Saddleback Kids

3. Colour-in 
I made colour-in printable Easter activities - including finger puppets and an Easter bunny for Easter decor. I am sharing the activity pack via email: littlecreatorsclub@gmail.com in case you want a copy. 


4. Get moving 
And when my kid starts climbing on everything, but I'm not ready to go to the park, I've let my kid follow Miss Linky's Easter Bunny Dance. 

And when we needed to burn off some chocolate energy, we've played 'catch my bunny tail.' All you need are socks to tuck in your pants' waistband so it looks like a tail. One bunny is 'on' and has to try to catch the other bunnies tails. It's so much fun. 



We're not finished with all our Easter crafts yet, but we have the whole long weekend at home to make, play and create. And no matter how our crafts turn out, I'm looking forward to seeing my family all wearing colourful bunny ears on Easter morning while hunting for eggs. 

What are you doing to make Easter feel special this year? 

First photo by Annie Spratt 

P.S. You might like to read How do you find me-time as a mother?

No comments:

Post a Comment