Baby I'm Back! #PortraitaDaySA Day 1

It's been a while but I'm back to keep an account of my a new project - #PortraitaDaySA 

 Baby I'm Back! #PortraitaDaySA #CreativeSprint

A portrait a day 

I plan to draw a portrait every day for a month. Okay, I have drawn quite a few heads but, since I'm usually drawing them on the sly, getting a back or a side view, drawing people front on is a challenge for me. It's something I've started working on but I could do a lot more to improve. 

I've been inspired to start a daily project after following Crystal Moody's awesome painting a day project for a few months. I decided to follow Crystal's lead and share my project online, as a way to keep myself accountable and document the process. 

Everyone has a hashtag

Have you noticed how people speak in hashtags now? From hashtag music album names to hashtag t-shirt logos, the hashtag has jumped off Twitter and into everyday life. So I thought I'd use a hashtag too after all, if you can't beat them... So my hashtag is #PortraitaDaySA

A few days after I had decided this project, Crystal Moody mentioned #CreativeSprint, a 30-day creative challenge, in her email newsletter (so worth subscribing too). So I decided to join it. It's meant to be. Hopefully, come 30 April, I'll be drawing prettier portraits. 

Oh, and if you were wondering, the first portrait is a pen drawing. I drew the outline in pencil first - my attempt to get the proportions right - and then went over it and added details in pen. I drew from a photo of one of my little nephews. He's much cuter than this portrait but hey, it's a start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment