How can we stop climate change & what will we tell our kids?

We recently celebrated Earth Day, but what did we achieve by posting cute 'Happy Earth Day' messages online? 



In 2019, the UN scientists* warned that we have 11 years left to prevent irreversible climate change damage. So now we only have 9 years and, as a parent, this terrifies me. 


I do my bit here and there, but I'm not living a 'zero waste life.' I want to do more and learn more so that one day, I can say I didn't just stand by and watch as the world went to sh*t. 

One of the ways we can all make a difference is by actively talking about climate change. This doesn't mean posting a cute picture of flowers making up the countries on the world map. It's about sharing important and practical climate change-related content, something worth watching in between funny pet/baby videos (Confession, I love those). It's about waking up those who have been putting their heads in the sand. 


In all honesty, I'd been sticking my head in the sand for a few years, because it's all just so much. But then I listened to a podcast about how to talk to your kids about climate change and it shook me. My kid, your kid - all the kids - are going to grow up and ask us what we did to stop climate change. We have two choices here - we can either make our kids proud or let them down. 


So I'm going to be sharing informative resources from time to time on what we can do to slow down climate change. I hope you'll take the time to pause Netflix, watch and share the video below...



Photo by Ilya Pavlov

What are you doing at home or at work to help curb climate change? And what would like to see more people doing to help fight global warming?

P.S You might like to read Into the wild - before lockdown

No comments:

Post a Comment