Sketchy Church Ladies

Oh what a scandalous title! You might have thought you'd find out about some sketchy church going-ons. Sorry to disappoint, the only going-ons when I'm in church is looking for people to draw...


I once read/heard (I can't remember now with all the info buzzing about) that if you want to improve your drawing skills, you need to draw everyday. Sounds like a good idea but it's hard working making the time to draw. I know, I tried and failed.

Then I heard that you should carry around a sketchbook and whenever the opportunity strikes, you whip it out and draw. So I bought myself a tiny sketchbook (what's half of an A5? Well, that's how small it is) to fit into my small bag - big bags are so last season. Ha ha, just kidding. I'm so not fashionable, I'm just over it.

So while I still don't draw daily, I draw a heck of a lot more than ever before (excluding the years between two and 18 years old - heavy drawing years those). Now I draw in restaurants, coffee shops and I draw in church. As I mentioned here, church is a great place to draw. I even feel more plugged into the sermon. And as it turns out, my sketchbook is so much better than stealing church envelopes to draw on... Oh, I guess I'm the sketchy church lady then. Shhh...



1 comment:

  1. That is seriously awesome, Monique. Love your drawing! I like to draw to, but haven't for I don't even know how long. Don't think I draw as well as you, though :)

    ReplyDelete